Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Eastern Oregon WR dies of head injury

Buried deep in headline sports pages comes this nugget about a receiver that died of a head injury taken on the field.

I don't have the time to get into a deep post on this now, but chalk this up as another case that should be prompting more action on the head injury issue. I think first and foremost has to be redesigning the helmets in a way that is far more protective than they currently are.

More disappointing is how this at least as of now seems to hardly be getting any air-time. Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but I stumbled upon this, where I feel like if it was a receiver at say Florida or USC, it'd probably be SportsCenter's lead and on the front page of most sports journalism outlets.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP