Sunday, January 9, 2011

Collinsworth

I love listening to Cris Collinsworth announce football games. He's IMO the best color analyst in the game, and is the best I remember dating back to Madden's heyday. Jawarski comes close I guess, but Collinsworth is just exceptional at it. He's very knowledgeable and I feel like:
a) I learn something from him every time I listen, and
b) he points out intricacies of the game that no one else spots.

Example: Last night late in the game, he made a comment about how the Colts were playing man on the outside with a weak corner (I think it was Lacey) against Braylon Edwards with no help over the top, and that it would be a good idea to go that way if they could. Next play, Sanchez throws an 18 yard completion to Edwards against single coverage to put them in easy FG range. This is a fairly simplistic example, but I love the insight he brings to the game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP