Friday, July 3, 2009

Brandon Marshall Hates Denver

Apparently a police report has been released that indicates Marshall has wanted out of Denver for quite some time...

When the wideout/controversy-magnet was stopped in October 2007 for suspicion of a DUI, he apparently went on an anti-Denver tirade.

"I hate Denver. I hope I get traded. I hate this f****** city," an officer wrote in the police report.

The report was only made public after CALL7 Investigators asked for it, after receiving a tip about the report's content.


It's not hard to connect the dots on who could have made such a call to tip them off. I suppose it's possible an officer did, but more likely by far that Marshall dropped the tip. He clearly wants out of Denver and it would seem is upping the ante in this game.

There are two interesting dynamics at work here...

1) Getting back to my last post, how much do teams want to pay for a guy like this? He's a trouble-maker off the field, and now he's causing his team distress. You can't doubt his talent, but his nickname "Baby TO" seems to be more appropriate than ever right now. He'll get his money, particularly if he gets traded. But I'm starting to think the risk:reward ratio on this guy is simply way too high. That makes me think he's destined for a place like Washington, as opposed to a place like Baltimore. I think we all know what I'm saying there...

2) How much of a cluster-eff is Denver right now? I think there are two bets that I would take for as much money as humanly possible at this particular moment. First is that Pat Bowlen is crying himself to sleep on a nightly basis for firing Shanahan. McDaniel and Xander have been nothing but a giant nightmare so far. Second is that McDaniel better get out of the gate really fast this year, because if he doesn't, I don't think it will take Bowlen very long to pull the plug on this little experiment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP